Saturday, April 2, 2011

A Better Version of "Friday".....

It is 4 A.M., I'm exhausted....and I'm blogging. But this just couldn't wait. Plus my body has adjusted the worst sleep schedule ever in the world, and I'm quite the little night owl lately. It sucks.

Ok so I watch The Colbert Report religiously, and even go so far as to consider myself a committed member of Colbert Nation. Absolutely love love love that show. For oh so many reasons. Well, quite a while ago, Colbert had some famous artists come in and leave their mark on a painting of himself. Fast forward to this week where his painting was auctioned off for $26,000. He announced that his "BFF for 6 months" (referring to a previous episode), Jimmy Fallon, would personally match that money to go to DonorsChoose.Org for school supplies, or something like that. The next day, Jimmy Fallon said: "The thing is.....I didn't say that!" And he then proceeded to announce that if he could get people to donate $26,000, he'd do it. Oh and he also volunteered Stephen Colbert to perform Rebecca Black's hilariously pathetic hit, Friday (on Friday, ha!). Colbert responded by saying something like "I only volunteered his money! I can't believe he'd volunteer me to sing!!!" I could be off on some of the little details of this little story, but in general....that's what happened. Oh and I'm not dumb, I'm aware that they collaborated on this, but for the sake of humor, I'm going to continue pretending that they, in fact, did not.

And here is the marvelous performance. Watch it. It is so so worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment