Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Woe Is Me

It seems that all of my fellow blogger friends center their text in their blog posts. And I feel like their blogs look better than mine. That's partly because this one is still oh so hideous and needs a massive face-lift, but also because of my non-centering of my text! Look how much nicer this looks. Ok ok....the blog is still extremely ugly. Whatever.

Warning: this post is a big fat pity-me sob story. Continue at your own risk

Today I applied to what seemed like a million jobs. It was more like 15ish, in the following locations:

Palestine, Lebanon, Egypt, Jordan, Morocco, Iraq, Maryland, and D.C.

Believe it or not, this took me all day. I obviously had to cater my cover letters and resumes to each and every organization, which was so annoying. I sure hope I didn't send one out having forgotten to change the name of the position I was applying to as well as other important parts of the cover letter...

My eyes hurt so bad from staring at a computer screen all day freakin long. I feel fat because all I have done all day is sit here and eat food as I searched and applied. Food that is not good for me, by the way. I'm certain I won't hear back from a single one. I'm not just being cynical, I'm being realistic. Sad, but true. I apply so that at least I can say I'm trying

I'm not ready to apply for grad schools yet. I want to go, but I want a job that will pay for it for me...which is looking real promising these days, ha. Also, I'm not even sure what I want out of grad school. The thought of a Thesis program makes me sick, having watched Mary suffer for 2 years in hers. I've bounced around the idea of an MBA, MPP, JD, or even that combined MBA/JD program. I don't feel like I'm cut out for a JD, but it does sound appealing, except for the part that no lawyer can get a freakin job these days, after earning themselves a fat pile of debt. I'm so lost and confused.

Someone PUH-LEASE hire this desperate college graduate!!! Preferably in the field in which I studied...and preferably something in that will allow me to use my Arabic skills....which by this point have dwindled to a pathetic low, but which can also be quickly and easily sharpened with even just minimal review.

I CAN'T WAIT TABLES AT OLIVE GARDEN OR ANYWHERE FOR THAT MATTER FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE I WILL JUST GO CRAZYYYY!!!!!!!!

Not only do I have champagne tastes on a beer budget, but I would really like to do something where I feel like I'm making a difference, and where I feel like I'm using my brain, and learning something new everyday. I love to learn. And learning what new dish came to the Olive Garden this month just doesn't count, ok?

Although...in other news, I have one week left here at the Provo Olive Garden before I officially transfer to the one in Murray (but I've officially moved to the Holladay apt!!). What an exciting life I lead.... :-/

Also, it's supposed to snow tomorrow. Great. Just great. I'm aware that it'll give a random snow shower here and there all the way up until June before the hot hot summer hits us square in the face. I've lived here long enough. I know. What I'm pissed about is the fact that we have had no warm weather at all!! It's freakin April 25th and I have yet to see that #@%& sun shine it's beautiful rays for more than a few hours in a random day every couple of weeks. This just isn't ok. I'm fixin to contact my local weatherman to tell him to make a call to the universe to kick it's butt in gear. I'm so pasty white, it's downright disgusting. I won't fakebake. I won't do it. I'm not saying I haven't, but it's such a terrible idea and so ugly and orange and obvious, not to mention a straight ticket to cancer, it's just not worth it. I don't care the rationalizations that you have - I've used them. You're still an idiot if you do it, not to mention uglier than when you started. Do you fakebake? Then yes. Yes I'm talking to you. (not that laying in the actual sun is healthy at all...still stupid...just not quite as bad as laying in a ruva (?) tanning bed for 15 min.)

Man I'm grumpy, huh?! Maybe I'm just bitter because I'm really not happy about my employment prospects right now, and how I took out student loans to study what used to be a critical language in a foreign country for apparently nothing other than a really fun 4 month vacation that was actually the most trying academic experience of my life, as of yet. Loans that I have to start paying in June. On a server's wage...which is next to nothing. Barely enough to live. I'd prefer to start paying them now, but I'm plum broke. 

Past my bedtime! 

1 comment:

  1. I don't center my text. Not that that was the most important thing you said in your post at all or most deserving of a comment. But I wanted to say it anyway. Just for a laugh or something.
    -Amanda

    ReplyDelete