Friday, February 18, 2011

My Valentine

When you read the title, you probably laughed and thought what is this girl talking about??? She hasn't had an actual boyfriend for YEARS. Well stop laughing. I'm serious. I had a Valentine.

Her name is Mary and she is my sister. And co-author of this so-far pathetic attempt at a blog.

Our evening consisted of a delicious dinner at Saigon, a hole-in-the-wall kind of restaurant in Provo on 3rd S and just after 4th W...I think. Basically, driving on 3rd S coming from Freedom Blvd it's on your right. If you hit State Street (5th W), you've gone too far. Anyway, Saigon serves DELICIOUS Chinese food for a BARGAIN. 5 bucks for a large helping of an entree, rice, egg roll, your choice of either hot and sour soup or egg drop soup (I always get the egg drop), and this really good stuff that I call red liquid candy and fried chips. I don't know what it actually is. And it's never too busy because I don't think a whole lot of people really know about it.

At dinner, we opened presents from our mom, while the other customers around us probably thought that we were a Lesbian couple opening gifts from each other. We even took pictures of each other.

The only thing that would have made that night any better would have been if 2 eligible bachelors showed up to pay for our dinners. Oh and maybe also for some snogging. And that "eligible" definition is a really long one. Probably why I'm still single.

All in all a good night.

Mary is a little slow and doesn't know what to do with this package. 

I'm just really excited I guess.

What was in the packages: an M necklace for both me and Mary. THANKS MOM! 

Mary's badge. She has a new, improved one now though. 

              THE FOOD!!! Mine, on the left: Lemon Chicken. Mary's, on the right: Sesame chicken. Oh and the red liquid candy is between those two cups of yellow stuff (egg drop soup).

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE SAIGON!!!!!!!! I used to work near there and ate there every night for months!!!!!! Next time you go call me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently I'm slow in many aspects...not only can I not open packages but I have my shirt tucked in weird to my pants! haha. But mmm that food was so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found out about Saigon right before I left Utah...tragic! I only ate there twice, but it was memorable. I don't know what that oh-so-delicious sauce is called, but the chips are (I believe) wontons.
    ~Amanda (A.K.A Too Lazy to Switch to the Account I Never Use That's Attached to my Name)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys totally shared your food too, right? Just to add to the lesbianisms. And Mary, your shirt really made me laugh out loud, every time I saw it and then when I read your comment. I can get the short bus to pick you up for work if you want... (xoxo)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know you have been to Saigon Amanda, Michelle has been obsessed for years. We actually didn't share our food Linz but I would appreciate that short bus please :)

    ReplyDelete