Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Domestic Violence



















Several of you know about my first proud professional moment in my new position that happened today at my clinical orientation but for those that don't...read up, this is good stuff (and for those who have heard the story, at least enjoy laughing at my pictures.) This moment resulted in me looking like I've been beat at home, hence the name of this blog. I normally would blame Michelle but she left me for a days so I can only admit hypoglycemic episode due to my retarded body. :)

Basically I was feeling pretty hungry and somewhat nauseous at about 10:30 this morning (that is now 4.5 hours after breakfast with my new schedule) but didn't have food and didn't want to seem like a weeny so I thought I'd hold off until our break at 11. Well I made it until about 10:58 when I made the decision that I absolutely could not sit there a minute longer. I had to walk out and get fresh air...or something. Sitting there was not doing the trick. At this point I was a little disoriented...wandered through the hallways and found myself in a bathroom. Realizing that wouldn't solve the problem either, I turned around facing the carpeted hallway, grabbed onto the door panel. From there, well I can't say other than me and the floor became instant friends.

I somehow woke up (from what I thought was a deep sleep) and jumped up thinking I was late for work. I again wandered through the hallways looking for someone to explain to me what was going on when I bumped into the receptionist and security guy, my soon to be friends. I quickly said when seeing their strange looks, "I think I just passed out..." Next thing I know I'm being given food from the receptionist's lunch, a nurse at my side and filling out worker's comp info. Luckily it was just a low blood sugar that caused the show of the day so my suggestions for some juice and crackers with peanut butter did the trick. If that doesn't make me a nerdy Dietitian I don't know what does.

Damages for the day: bruised front teeth, carpet burns/bruises from head down to collar bone, broken thumb nail, missing earing (found later part in hallway part in my hair haha) and embarrassment as a professional and a Dietitian. Not too bad I'd say. And so this my friends, is what one's face looks like after "domestic abuse" up above, both right afterwards and about 8 hours after it happened.


Anyways this was much longer than I meant for it to be, and quite frankly violates Michelle's #1 rule: no long posts. Until she changes the background off of the poop color though I'll exempt myself from that rule. :)

4 comments:

  1. Uh oh, I think you just revealed that Michelle hates my posts since they're always sooo long. Thanks, thanks a lot. Nice pics by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey--I was thinking the same thing! I can never seem to find a way to say what I want to and still be succinct. That is a crazy story Mary!
    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness that's crazy!!! Are you really hypoglycemic?!?! I go 4-5 hrs without eating all the time and I'm fine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh family don't you worry...we enjoy your interesting blogs, long or not! Please keep the detailed blog posts. We just figured people would lose interest in our boring stories if we make them too long. haha. Tianna, I think I'm just prone to hypoglycemic attacks since this has only happened 3 times or so but it definitely is weird to me!

    ReplyDelete